Dori Gilbert, the Executive Director of ProductCamp SoCal, conducted the session.
Dori's session outlined five basic decisions to be addressed before beginning a business or professional blog that helps set you up for a sustainable content hub.
The five decisions were:
- Defining the purpose of your blog (what's your story, how to promote your blog, etc)
- Developing your foundation of sustainability
- Cultivating your blog direction
- Take time to blog (establish a writing schedule and topic calendar
- Selecting Technology and tools for results (platform & tools)
Dori's session provided an excellent overview of business blogging and I'd recommend reading her ebook titled "5 Decisions: Creating a Blog (Smart Decisions for a Successful Business Blog". If you would like a "free" copy, just send me a request from the "Contact Me" tab.